Bir Billing is a small village surrounded by big mountains famous for paragliding in Himachal Pradesh. It is known for Hang gliding and paragliding both, which serves as a landing ground for paragliders. Bir-Billing in the Dauladhar mountain range is known as one of the finest aero sports sites in the world.
Their launching destination ’Billing’ is at 2,400(8500 ft)on the Dhauladhar ranges and most highest aero sport site,14-km distance from Bir. Bir billing is one of the nature wonders. This is perfectly designed as a launch pad that has become a legend on the international paragliding circuits and a destination for world champion paragliding pilots. The green meadow directly above the villages of Bir and Chaughan is one of the best gliding sites in the world. Bir Billing is well know site for paragliding in Himachal Pradesh and popular among both Indian and foreigners pilots. Best flying season in the region is September to November but almost open all over the year depending upon the weather. State Govt. continues to host International level competitions and events.
Details of excursion:
1. Scenic drive from Palampur to Bir and back
2. Jeep safari from Bir to Billing (Take off point)
3. Around thirty minutes flying time
4. Trained pilot assistance
5. Visit to Tibetan Sherabling monastery at Bhattu Meal plan: B, Packed Lunch
Itinerary of excursion:
A day trip:
1. After breakfast transfer to Bir
2. Signing forms and introductory training at Paragliding pilots office.
3. Jeep safari from Bir to Billing (Take of point)
4. Take off for landing point (approx thirty minutes flying time)
5. Transfer from landing point to Bhattu
6. Visit to Sherabling monastery
7. Transfer to Palampur