Dalhouse: One of the most popular hill stations in Himachal Pradesh, Dalhousie is well-known for its natural beauty and pleasant climate. It is situated between 6,000 and 9,000 feet and is surrounded by scenic snow-capped peaks. Dalhousie gets its name from its eponymous founder Lord Dalhousie and houses a large number of Victorian-style mansions. It is spread over 14 sq km and covers over five hills. Here are several tourist attractions in Dalhousie. Khajjiar, a beautiful valley is quite a favorite among tourists. The best time to visit this lovely hill station is during summer however it is accessible during March to December.
Chamba: Chamba town (915m) stands on the right bank of the river Ravi. As a former princely State, it is one of the oldest in the century and dates back to the sixth century. It is well known for its splendid architecture and a base for numerous excursions. It is also the district headquarters.
Bharmour: Bharmour is beautiful town surrounded by high lush green mountains located at a distance of 62 km from Chamba and 102 km from Dalhousie which is another popular tourism destination of utmost importance in Himachal Pradesh. Bharmour is often referred as the land of Shiva because of belief that lord Shiva resides at mountain Kailash which is located in this area. Bharmour was also Known as Brahmpur in the 6th century and was the seat of power of Chamba state for nearly 400 years till AD 920, when a new capital was founded at Chamba by Raja Sahil Varman. Bharmour is popular for its natural beauty, for Chaurasi temples and Manimahesh. Chaurasi Temples stand on a level area in center of Bharmour and are named after the 84 Siddhas who are believed to have meditated in here over thousand years ago.
Details of excursion:
1. 2 night and 3 days
2. 1st night at Dhalouse & 2nd night at Bharmour
3. Market visit at Dhalouse
4. Visit to Khajjiar
5. Visit to Chamba and market
6. Visit to Bharmour
7. Accompanied by English speaking MOI staff
8. Meal plan: Fri-B, Sat-B, Sun-B & D
Itinerary of excursion:
1) Around 08:00hrs transfer Dalhousie. (Approx 5 hrs)
2) Hotel check in.
3) Free time for lunch.
4) Market visit in the evening time.
5) Free time for Dinner and retire for the day.
1) After breakfast at hotel, checkout and transfer to Khajjiar (Approx 1 hrs journey)
2) Visit to Khajjiar
3) Journey to Chamba
4) Market visit and lunch at Chamba
5) Journey to Bharmour
6) Hotel check in Bharmour Dinner and retire of the day.
1) After breakfast transfer to Chaurasi temple
2) Visit to market free time to explore the market .
3) Journey to Palampur and lunch at chamba
4) Visit to jot park Himayalan ranges .
5) Again journey to Palampur.